FIM’s Pillars for Success
Economic Stability Strategies
- Assist families in acquiring the skills and habits to achieve financial independence. Families who are financially empowered, demonstrate responsible money management skills, begin to accumulate wealth and actively work to improve their earning potential. A family that controls their financial future becomes credit worthy, purchases a home and begins to stabilize communities
- Additionally, FIM will offer English as a Second Language instruction to those families who wish to improve their English Language skills as a family unit or as individuals.
Healthy Well-Being Strategies
- Assist families in acquiring the skills and habits to achieve healthy well-being.
- Families who enjoy good health in mind, body & spirit, value the importance of quality nutrition, a proactive approach to good physical health and the cultivation of an emotionally healthy & safe family unit. A healthy family creates a culture of health in their home that guides their daily activities and their interactions with their neighbors to build a sense of community in their neighborhood, town and county.
Civic Engagement Strategies
- Empower families to be engaged members of their community.
- A community of financially stable and healthy families demonstrates civic pride and responsibility. Families lead and participate in various activities that build a sense of community, actively participate in the electoral process and engage the wider community in healthy debates about the future.